Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dancing


            Hey guys! I literally could not think of ANYTHING to write for my first SAC article so I asked my brother Corey and he said I could write about something I enjoy. As a lot of you know I really like to dance (and I am pretty good at it) so I decided to write about dance.  
            Dance by definition is to move one's feet or body, or both, rhythmically in a pattern of steps to the accompaniment of music. But to some people like me it's a lot more.
            A lot of people think of dancing as ballet or ballroom dancing. Not that those kind of dances aren't good but they do get a little old after a while. Personally if I was watching a dance I would want it to be fast and entertaining.
            I am on the dance team at my school (with another soon to be UB member Heather Parsons) and we always do dances to good songs and that are fun to watch during the halftime at our home basketball games. 
          There are all different kinds of routines that we do. We do kick routines (which aren't as fun for us), pom, jazz, or hip hop. My personal favorite would probably either hip hop or pom because they move fast and are really fun to perform. 
           I've been on the dance team for 2 years now and I love it so much. I love the feeling of performing in front of a crowd. I love being able to express myself and be myself when I dance and I think it would be awesome to maybe go to college for dance and relate dance in my career someday. 
          So during basketball season, if Rock Port ever plays your team, come and watch us dance! 

-Taylor Paulo, Sophomore SAC member

No comments:

Post a Comment