Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's Like Harry Potter All Over Again!

            As many of you know, the Twilight Saga has ended. The final movie, Breaking Dawn part 2,came out, and being the “diehard twihard” I am, I do not think I’m going tomake it. The Twilight Saga has been a part of my life for almost 5 years, and Ihaven’t a clue what I am going to do to fill the void. Although most of youwill be celebrating the end of an era by throwing a party, sipping some tea,and shouting good riddance, I’m sure at least one other person is having thesame I-almost-died-when-Harry-Potter-ended-I’m-never-going-to-survive-thisthoughts I am, so I went around and compiled a list of things to do instead offangirlling over the vampire revolution known as The Twilight Saga.
           TOP SEVEN WAYS TO GET OVER TWILIGHT
7. Learn a new language. Like Edward, you, too, can becomefluent in Portuguese.

6. Pick up a new hobby. It doesn’t matter what you decide todo, just try something new. Whether it be playing baseball to fit in betterwhen the Cullens adopt you, or sitting around crying and eating ice cream.Actually, scratch the last one. If you’re in the TwiFamily, you’ve probably sataround and eaten your fair share of ice cream—I know I have.

5. If you’re going to miss Twilight because you have an oddobsession with vampires and all things supernatural, you’re not alone. Havinglived in the realm of crazy vampire chick for 157 years roughly (I stoppedcounting after 100), I know where you’re coming from, and I suggest reading theHouse of Night series by P. C. and Kristen Cast.

4. If you really identify with awkward teenagers full ofangst, Perks of Being a Wallflower is perfect for you. A movie starring LoganLerman, Emma Watson, and some other guy just came out and though I have yet tosee it, it looks wonderful (mostly because of Emma Watson).

3. If you’re like me, you most likely hate yourself, like totorture your heart by reading stories about love triangles, and pine overfictional characters on a daily basis. If this is true, I highly suggest readingThe Vampire Diaries, or watching the television series. The Vampire Diaries,written by L. J. Smith, often gets bad reviews from Twilight fans. I have noidea why. Honestly, I love it. It’s not quite up to Queen Stephenie’sstandards, but it’s good nevertheless. I should, however, warn you beforehand,the series is nothing like the books.

2. So say you just really like going to see movies the nightthey come out and maybe dressing up like a character from it. You’ve probablybought yourself a pair of gold contacts or maybe red if you’re rogue, and now,you have no clue what to do with all of your superior costume making skills. Ifthis is the case, The Hunger Games will mend your broken heart. Just grab a bowand arrow, and braid your hair. Bam! You’re Katniss. However, if you happen tobe a guy and your hair isn’t quite long enough to braid, grab a loaf of breadand embrace your inner Peeta.

1. Instead of spending your time GPS tracking RobertPattinson’s phone, staring at your posters of Taylor Lautner, and trying tofigure out exactly how to become Kristen Stewart, do something productive likestudying or cleaning(You’re welcome, Mom.).

-Kim Sternberg, Junior SAC Member


No comments:

Post a Comment